Film Fest Crew - Location Manager 2023
What will you be doing?
- In a team of 2 people, you will be location manager and box office manager (you will switch every other day) on the festival location assigned to you (Kinepolis, Sphinx, Studio Skoop or Vooruit/KASK). Together with your colleague, you will be responsible for the smooth running of the film screenings, the reception of the festival audience and the briefing of the volunteers. As location manager you'll be working both during the day and during the evening. On the day you're box office manager, you'll be free to enjoy the festival (or something else) during the evening.
As location manager:
- You're the face of Film Fest Gent and the local point of contact for the FFG-team as well as the cinema directors and the audience.
- You're responsible for the follow-up of the event schedule and coordinate the volunteers at the locations.
- You ensure a smooth running of all the events: film screenings, industry events, red carpets, ...
As box office manager:
- You are responsible for the customer-friendly ticket sale during the day
- You will receive a training to master the ticketing software (Ticketmatic)
Before the festival:
- Between 25 September and 11 October you will get to know the locations and the cinema directors better and we will give you the needed training to be able to perform your tasks as location manager. During this period you will also support the Film Fest Gent team in numerous tasks such as: the distribution of promo material and letters, the support of the online communication, moving materials to the festival locations or organizing the meeting event with the volunteers. In the division of these tasks, we'll take your strengths and interests into account as much as possible.
- From 2 October we expect you to be present every day, also during the weekend.
What's your profile?
FFG strives for equal opportunities and diversity and promotes knowledge, experience and motivation regardless of gender, ethnicity or age.
- Precise and punctual
- Social and patient
- Reliable team player
- Good communication skills
- Organizational skills or interest in developing these skills
What can we offer you?
- A volunteer agreement and insurance (also possible as an internship for a degree programme)
- Preparations and training sessions from 25 September and full availability during the festival (from 2 until 22 October)
- A volunteer fee
- A varied range of tasks in a real festival setting
- Valuable training and support
Are you interested?
Send a brief motivation and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.