The annual WSA Industry program also always includes panels talks about many different subjects, from how to score for games to diversity in film music. These conversations bring the film music community together to discuss important topics in the world of composers and film music professionals.
Past Panel Talks
- Rights & Royalties in Game Music gemodereerd door Youri Loedts (VAF)
- Sketching with Music: Clara Sola met componist Ruben De Gheselle en regisseur Nathalie Álvarez Mesén
- Standing out as an artist in the contemporary film music industry met componisten Emile Mosseri (Minari), Benji Merrison (SAS: Red Notice), Florencia Di Concilio (Calamity, une enfance de Martha Jane Cannary) en Gavin Brivik (Wild Indian).
- FFG music director Dirk Brossé talked to guest of honour Alexandre Desplat and Lifetime Achievement Award recipient Gabriel Yared about their inspirations.
- To discuss the issue of diversity in the world of composers, the WSA organised an online panel talk with Michael Abels (Discovery of the Year 2019), Lolita Ritmanis (nominated for WS Public Choice Award in 2020) and WSAcademy members Diego Baldenweg with Nora Baldenweg & Lionel Baldenweg and Nainita Desai. The talk was moderated by Milena Fessmann.